Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dear Charlie

Dear friend,

I don't know if I will have the time to write anymore letters
because I might be too busy trying to participate.
So if this does end up being the last letter,
I just want you to know that I was in a bad place before I started high school
and you helped me.

Even if you didn't know what I was talking about
or know someone who's gone through it.
You made me not feel alone.

Because I know there are people who say all these things don't happen.
And there are people who forget what it's like to be sixteen when they turn seventeen.
And know these will all be stories someday
and our pictures will become old photographs
and we'll all become somebody's mom or dad.
But right now these moments are not stories.

This is happening.
I am here and I am looking at her
and she is so beautiful.
I can see it.
This one moment when you know you're not a sad story,
you are alive.
And you stand up and see the lights on buildings
and everything that makes you wonder,
when you were listening to that song
on that drive with the people you love most in this world.

And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.

Love always,

Charlie

Dear Charlie,

How are you? It has been so long since the last letter

and I have been missing you that much that I re-read some of your letters to me today.

I hope you are doing fine and well.

I guess you are still busy trying to participate right now

but I will just be here waiting for your next story

and I guess there are a lot to come.

I would also want to say that I could not still forget

what it feels like to be seventeen

even though I will soon be turning nineteen.

And I want you to know that long tunnels

remind me of you,

just like the bright city lights this evening.

I wish everything is fine now.

I am listening to the mixtape that you've sent me.

I hope you would not mind if I share it to my friends.

Love always,

Denise

Here's the mixtape that Charlie wants you to hear: The Perks of Being A Wallflower Soundtrack

And here is the book if you want to know his story: The Perks of Being A Wallflower ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment