Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One step closer to Vday '13

A Thousand Years 2


Christina Perri


The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart...
Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow


One step closer


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this


One step closer


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


One step closer


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more...


We're a breath away from hearts  day. My facebook timeline is now flooded with various emotions and violent reactions regarding this 'single awareness day' happening every 14th of February.


While some of you are busy imagining what will be about to happen in your dates or busy thinking about what love status to post or having a hard time thinking about where to get money to buy flowers and chocolates for you loved ones, here I am thinking about midterm grades as well as the quiz tomorrow love.


Love for me is believing. Love is equated to sacrifice.


Today is ash wednesday. Mass starts at 7 am. And I am not a morning person even though my classes starts at 7:30. I usually arrive at school five minutes before time but I know that I have to and I want to attend the mass. I had to wake up and get ready three times as fast as normal so that I will be able to be there on time. And it's quite difficult since I studied up to 1 am the night before but then love needs sacrifice.



Following the example of the Nine vites, who did penance in sackcloth and ashes, our foreheads are marked with ashes to humble our hearts and reminds us that life passes away on Earth. We remember this when we are told

"Remember, Man is dust, and unto dust you shall return."

Love for me is giving back. Love is sharing what I have.

I was on a printing shop earlier when an old woman approached me and asked if I would want to give any amount for the feeding program for the street children of Baguio. I am not certain about it but I wanted to help and she's knocking at my door. I do not have much but I do receive priceless blessings. And I hope my spare change will help.

Love for me is spending quality time with your loved onea.

Last tuesday, me and my friends had coffee together and it was fun going back to who we are two years back. We went over to the old    issues that we've gone through and some of them are high school-ish stories. But even how deep or how shallow those memories are, those will still be a part of you and even if you are involved in it in a positive or negative way, it still had a  piece on who you are today. And laughing with your beloved ones to the old stories is one of the best free things in life.


It's near midnight and this post will soon be expired. So I am leaving you now with one of my favorite songs (this one is a special version). You may use this as you Vday '13 theme! Just click on the link below and listen until you fall asleep with the happy thoughts of love.



Here's my VDay gift for you! Download it by clicking here! Enjoy!


lovelots

No comments:

Post a Comment