Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 13 // My favorite musician


Taylor Swift

"She's one of the few genuine rock stars we’ve got these days, with a flawless ear for what makes a song click." -- Rolling Stone, June 2012
Taylor Swift will release her fourth studio album, Red, on October 22nd, 2012.
22 year-old Taylor Swift is a six-time GRAMMY winner, and is the youngest winner in history of the music industry’s highest honor, the Grammy Award for Album of the Year (for Fearless, released in 2008). Her 2010 album, Speak Now, was lauded on Rolling Stone’s prestigious The 50 Greatest Albums of All Time (by women) list, and Time magazine has named Taylor one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Taylor, who writes all of her own songs, has career record sales in excess of 22 million albums and 50 million song downloads. Each of her three studio albums has sold in excess of 5 million copies worldwide, and her most recent album, Speak Now, is one of only 17 albums in the entire history of music to sell more than 1 million copies in a single week. She has had singles top both the country and pop radio charts around the globe, is one of the top 5-selling digital music artists worldwide, and is the top-selling digital artist in country music history.She is Billboard’s Woman of the Year, the reigning American Music Awards Artist of the Year, and both the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music’s current Entertainer of the Year. She is also the most awarded star in the history of the Teen Choice Awards, taking home honors for both music and movies.

Taylor holds the Billboard records for the Most Top 10 Debuts in the History of the Hot 100 Chart, the Most Charting Songs from One Album in a Single Week, and the Longest Charting Album on the Top 200 Chart. Speak Now is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the Fastest Selling Digital Album by a Female Artist.
Earlier this year, Taylor wrapped her world tour in support of SPEAK NOW, and played 111 shows to more than 1.5 million fans in sold-out stadiums and arenas in 19 countries spanning four continents in 2011 and 2012. Her 107-date FEARLESS 2009/2010 Tour sold out arenas and stadiums in 88 cities in five countries.
Taylor voiced the character of Audrey in the 2012 hit movie "Dr. Seuss’s The LORAX," and also this year, she contributed two songs to the soundtrack of the movie "The Hunger Games." She has hosted Saturday Night Live, appeared in the Garry Marshall film "Valentine’s Day," and guest-starred on the Emmy-winning TV drama CSI.



-----> from taylorswift.com.

The above text are not just the reasons why I love T. Swift. I have given my ears on her since the time that I first heard Teardrops on My Guitar. I can still remember where I am that time, on our old house, holding my old phone while listening to the radio. Then the song came out. I can still remember where I first saw her face on a magazine. It was years back then.

The time when I first had twitter is so vivid. We've got no internet connection back then so I had to rent on some nearby computer shop. I can still remember where I was seated. I made one years ago just to get latest news regarding her.

I always wanted to play the guitar. But the feeling became more intense because of her. She had inspired me to have one and play my favorite songs on it. I also take her as an inspiration when it comes to writing.

For me, she's the sweetest musician out there. I have seen it the way I view her lyrics, the way she blogs, the ways she answers her interviews, the way I see her on the TV.

I love her as always because I always feel like we're sharing the same diary. I pinky swear to you who's reading this: I will always be a Swifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment